Thursday, September 30, 2010
- Norman, OK
- Homecoming/Homecoming Eve....BOOMER SOONER
- Spent the eve of my birthday float building and was at Mr. Bill's at 11:59pm to enjoy that first drink
- Someone over served me
- Spent 9.29.2000 not feeling so great
- Dinner that night at the Mont with good friends and my parents
- PARTY, PARTY, PARTY
My 31st birthday-
- Northern California
- Morning run to return to flowers and cards from my two sweeties
- Kari's wedding prep
- Spent the eve of my birthday falling asleep on the couch
- I saved my birthday card from my parents to read and cherish on my actual birthday (presents came earlier and Isabella Oliver can not wait)
- Spent the day of my birthday working, taking my girl to the nugget store and picking up my MIL from the train station
- In bed at 11:20---can't tell you the last time I stayed up that late
The real evolution? That the first one that involved parties, hoopla and major focus on me sounds down right exhausting, painful to my body and overindulgent.
I. am. old. And I kind of like it.
Monday, September 27, 2010
Funny how when I was pregnant with Gia, every single thought that I had was centered around pregnancy, birth, nursery planning, child proofing, registry, the list goes on and on. This go around? I sometimes have to remind myself that I am pregnant.
No worries precious little one, Mimi may have just spawned me into a shopping frenzy.
Oh, and did someone mention that I am seven months pregnant.
My body would really appreciate a brisk, fall season.
- My non pregnant self prefers this time of year. Affectionately referred to as Autumn.
- Leaves turning, pumpkin spice, and steaming hot mugs of whatever sound good.
- Running/Jogging/Whatever nonsense I have been doing is much easier when it is a reasonable temperature.
and last, but certainly not least......
- At seven months pregnant my bottom really needs leggings, jeans, some sort of coverage people. Seriously, it is not good for me or anyone else to see said pregnant back side jumping into a bathing suit right now.
Oh, and did I mention in two weeks I will be in Miami on business. Loving. My. Figure. Loving it.
Friday, September 24, 2010
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
I should totally lie and say that this was all my brilliant idea, but I would be lying. My now dear friend and the mother of three of the most amazing children that I babysat for as a teen (who now lives in Colorado) gave me this idea. You should check out Mama Holli here.
So I made them two ways...one I made homemade kolache dough and the other I used frozen bread dough to do the same. These have now become a favorite at my house and for the record i will not be making the dough from scratch. I will be thawing the frozen bread dough over night and using it in the morning. Not that the homemade dough was that difficult. I am just not sure that it was really that much better. Ease. Simplicity. Time savings.
Friday, September 17, 2010
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Me: G why didn't you take a nap today?
Gia: I was making fuzz cookies from my monkey pillow pet and I had to check and see if the cookies were done and I stood up and all of a sudden I was being put in time out.
Oh, escaping the blame. A trait that is learned from a very young age. A very young age.
Fuzz cookies? Gross. Could they not have at least been chocolate chip?
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
As you can see, she finished the night strong. Until the ride home. I turn around because she was way to quiet and all of a sudden I smell it. PUKE. All over the place. Still I really did not think anything of it. Came home, washed up and put that sick baby girl in our bed. Where she threw up again. While in the second bath Ralph and I on cue looked at each other and realized that she hit her head. Hard. On concrete.
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Friday, September 10, 2010
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
The high was 73.
The wind was blowing.
I wore a sweater with jeans.
I made chili for lunch.
Tomato soup and grilled cheese for dinner.
My nightcap of choice? (Or at least while I am with child) a nice, big mug of hot chocolate topped with gooey, melty marshmallows.
Ahhh, how I wish fall was here to stay.
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Every time we head to Reno I am always surprised by how nice it in fact is. It has all of the glitz and glam of Vegas, a lot less packed and I have to point out that while it has some nice restaurants not nearly the caliber of Vegas. And the shopping doesn't compare.