Thursday, August 20, 2009

A mom. A marathon. A month. Twelve in twelve.


I am just a mom.


I just ran my first marathon last month.


Then I had a crazy idea....to run twelve marathons in twelve months.


I am not an elite athlete. Nor am I even built like a runner. But there is something about it. Something about pounding the pavement that makes me feel like a better wife, mother and worker bee. Something about running that gives me a sense of independence and identity.


This is my journey. Training (which I am hoping will be more like maintaining given the frequency of each marathon). Wifing.....not sure that that is a word. Mothering. Working. Marathon running. And writing about it all.


It will be a challenge, but one thing I do know about myself is that challenges bring out my best.


1 comment:

Tonia said...

That's awesome. Good luck!