There are often bumps in the road. When those present themselves, I like to go back to basics. I decided that today I am going to go back to basics and thought I would share those with my blogging friends...all three of you ;-).
Gretchen Rubin has an incredible blog called "The Happiness Project" and she is writing a book that should be out later this year. If you are looking for constant reminders or tips, her blog is an excellent resource.
Simple steps to happiness:
- Identify what brings you joy, satisfaction and engagement
- Identify what brings you guilt, anger, boredom and remorse
- MAKE RESOLUTIONS to do what brings you joy, satisfaction and engagement and steer clear what brings you guilt anger, boredom and remorse
- Identify CONCRETE ACTIONS that will boost happiness
- KEEP RESOLUTIONS (obviously, the most difficult part)
"There is no duty we so much underrate as the duty of being happy" -Robert Louis Stevenson
As a mother, I feel that I have a duty to be happy for Miss G. The duty to despite the external factors to be happy and upbeat to bring her joy in every facet of her life.
You can email Gretchen Rubin and she can provide great resolution charts. Simply email grubin at gretchenrubin dot com. Simply put "Resolution Chart" in the subject line...it's FANTASTIC.
I will be re-completing mine this evening. Refocus. Find happiness. Live it.