Monday, May 25, 2009

Homemade pies and swimming galore.

This weekend was fantastic. We got everything sqaured away and spent the majority of Saturday turning in our old car and bringing the new one home. What a relief. I HATE, HATE, HATE car shopping, so I am glad that it is complete.

Sunday, I used my Farm Fresh to You delights of homegrown rhubarb, strawberry and apples and made two pies. One straberry/rhubarb and one apple...both whith a crumble top. They were delightful, if I do say so myself. I come by it honestly. Alice Jane is one fierce pie maker. Hint: I don't make my own pie crust. I buy the Pilsbury roll out...magnifiect! If you have the opportunity to acquire a service like Farm Fresh to You...DO IT. For a family that loves fruits and veggies like ours, there are fewer more amazing luxuries in life...and honestly, it is about the same bill that you would get buying organic at your local market. {Apple and Strawberry/Rhubarb Pies}
{The darling}

{Doing it herself}

{These two love to smile}


{These smiles are the best.}





The remainder of the weekend was spent riding bikes and at the pool. We attended a lovely BBQ this evening with kids galore. Gia was in heaven. Now she is yelling at us about the pool from her room. Go figure.

No comments: