Thursday, May 17, 2007

Because of you I walk the line

Walking. Walking. Walking. This is Gia and I's new thing. Similar to my days in San Francisco, we are walking everywhere now. To the grocery store. For exercise. Around the block in hopes that it will soothe my fussy darling.

While this may seem far from proliphic to most, I am finding it to be a very spiritual journey. G gets strapped in the jogging stroller with her toy and I strap on the MP3 player (not an I Pod because really MUST I give in to Apple's amazing advertising campaign? No, I think not.) and away we go.

Originally, the goal was to lose my remaining "baby weight". What it has turned into is a revitalization of my soul. How I have forgotten the many foggy mornings walking from the Embarcadaro to the Financial District. How refreshing it is for your soul. Take a deep breath in. Smell the salty water of the bay. And think, "My, how blessed am I?"

The point is that I am realizing more and more what an amazing life I lead. How fortunate I am. This little lady that lights up my life. She smiles from ear to ear and tears well in my eyes, because I know how fast she will grow. My husband calls from work, and he truly is the man that I have always dreamed of, but is ever so more than I could even imagine. Yet, it takes me walking around our little neighborhood (mind you, I was adimatlly AGAINST this one, and now I would not want to live anywhere else) and thinking to myself.....my life is wonderful.

So, because of you I walk the line. Thank you for blessing me with such an amazing life. Wonderful parents that have proven to be the best leaders for the path unto which my life has followed. A partner that understands and appreciates who I am, faults and all. And certainly not last, the lovely lady....asleep and I can ONLY pray that you will let her stay that way ALL NIGHT LONG!

I will do everything I can to be the best at all that you ask of me. I love you all and am so thankful for each of you.

Gummy Smiles and Drooly Kisses,
Allison and Gia

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Allison, how fun to hear from you and find your wonderful blog! Your baby girl is so precious. You sound really happy. I will be back to visit again. Thanks for letting me know you were there! It was nice to know someone reading actually knew Molly. I wish I could find Chris!
Much love,
Amanda