Thursday, September 30, 2010

Evolution of getting older.

My 21st birthday-
- Norman, OK
- Homecoming/Homecoming Eve....BOOMER SOONER
- Spent the eve of my birthday float building and was at Mr. Bill's at 11:59pm to enjoy that first drink
- Someone over served me
- Spent 9.29.2000 not feeling so great
- Dinner that night at the Mont with good friends and my parents
- PARTY, PARTY, PARTY

My 31st birthday-
- Northern California
- Morning run to return to flowers and cards from my two sweeties
- Kari's wedding prep
- Spent the eve of my birthday falling asleep on the couch
- I saved my birthday card from my parents to read and cherish on my actual birthday (presents came earlier and Isabella Oliver can not wait)
- Spent the day of my birthday working, taking my girl to the nugget store and picking up my MIL from the train station
- In bed at 11:20---can't tell you the last time I stayed up that late

The real evolution? That the first one that involved parties, hoopla and major focus on me sounds down right exhausting, painful to my body and overindulgent.

I. am. old. And I kind of like it.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Happy belated birthday to you!!!